In Christian County the Recorder's Office can provide you with land records dating back to 1839. There are three public computer work stations available for research from January 1, 1990 through the present dates.
CHRISTIAN COUNTY ILLINOIS
FOR STANDARDIZED FORMS
Effective JUNE 1st, 2017
All Documents are $75.00 for the first four (4) pages. One Dollar ($1.00) for any additional pages, any additional references or if no Legal Description is provided. (Example: Release of Mortgages, Extension Agreements, Modification Agreements)
Plat Act Affidavits are required with all Deeds, Contract for Deeds, Agreement for Deed, Divisions and Non-Divisions of land. Plat Acts are part of the document, therefore count as page(s).
All Non-Standard forms are $87.00 for the first four (4) pages, and $2.00 for each additional page.
|OIL AND GAS LEASES, ASSIGNMENT OF OIL & GAS LEASES
|ASSIGNMENT OF MORTGAGES
|RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS (filed separately, regular recording fee)
|RHSP fees are included. See NOTE at bottom of page for exemptions to RHSP
|COPIES PER PAGE
|RECORDING/CERTIFIED COPIES VETERANS DISCHARGE
CERTIFIED COPIES: $10
**RENTAL HOUSING SUPPORT PROGRAM (RHSP) SURCHARGE OF $10.00 DOES NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF DOCUMENTS:
-PUBLIC UTITLY EASEMENTS
-ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION & RELATED DOCUMENTS
-BIRTH RECORDS, DEATH CERTIFICATES, MARRIAGE RECORDS
-JUDGMENTS, MEMO OF JUDGMENTS ETC
-NOTICE OF PROBATE
-POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR PROPERTY
-TRANSCRIPT (INVOLVING A WILL, DEATH CERTIFICATE ETC)
-UCC'S & WILLS
NOTE: This surcharge does not apply to any documents recorded for state agency, unit of local government, federal government or school district.
- Plat Act Affidavit (For purpose of Illinois Plat Act Requirements)
- PTAX-203 (Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration)
- PTAX-203A (Non-residential: sale price over $1 millinon)
- PTAX-203-B (Beneficial interest transfers - do not use for deeds or trust documents)
- PTAX-203-NR (This document is recorded for the purpose of affixing Real Estate Transfer Tax stamps that were purchased for the following transferring document under provisions of Public Act 93-1099)