REGIONAL OFFICE OF EDUCATION #3
Bond, Christian, Effingham, Fayette and Montgomery Counties
Assistant Regional Superintendent
Regional Office of Education #3 for Bond, Christian, Effingham, Fayette and Montgomery Counties
Regional Superintendent of Schools: Julie Wollerman
This Regional Office of Education now serves five counties: Bond, Christian, Effingham, Fayette and Montgomery.
||207 N 2nd St. Greenville, IL 62246
||101 South Main St. Taylorville, IL 62568
||101 N. 4th, Room 204 Effingham, IL 62401
||300 S 7th St. Vandalia, IL 62471
||203 South Main Street Hillsboro, IL 62049
Headed by the Regional Superintendent of Schools, this Office serves as the liaison between local public school systems in our five-county region and the Illinois State Board of Education.
The duties of this office include:
- Curriculum Planning/Staff Development and Educational Assessment for School Improvement.
- Inservice Training for Support Staff, Teachers and Administrators
- Career and Technical Education Programs
- Teacher Licensure
- School District Compliance
- School Districts' Health/Life Safety issues
- GED transcripts and diplomas
- Regional Safe Schools Program
- Alternative education programs for high school truants, dropouts, and those at-risk
- Truancy Prevention Services
- Bus Driver Training
- Homeless liaison training and guidance
- Early childhood intervention and prevention resources for young families
- Substance abuse prevention training and resource dissemination
- Current Educational Research Materials and Resources
- Partnerships with School Districts, Community Agencies and Higher Education
- Liaison for Illinois State Board of Education
Assistance is offered through workshops, conferences, on-site visits, dissemination of information, technical assistance and other means.
The Regional Superintendent is elected to a four-year term, in this case, by voters of Bond, Christian, Effingham, Fayette and Montgomery counties.
The Regional Office of Education #3 maintains a website for easier distribution of information. The site address is www.roe3.org
Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. The Vandalia and Hillsboro offices normally remain open over the lunch hour. Our other offices close from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM for lunch.
Click Here To Go To
Regional Office of Education Website
Contact us for more info