CHRISTIAN COUNTY BOARD MEETING
CHRISTIAN COUNTY COURTHOUSE-SECOND FLOOR
Tuesday, August 20, 2019– 6:30 p.m.
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Acknowledge letter of resignation of Chad Michel-District 2
- Recognize local youth on Solar Car Awards.
- Approve minutes from the regular County Board meeting of the July 16, 2019 as printed with any corrections or amendments to them.
- Present in writing petitions, resolutions/or ordinances, proclamations: Special Use Permit within AG-1 zoning as required in the Solar Ordinance passed in 2017. The Hickory Point Solar Energy Center would be a 250 Megawatt facility able to power approximately 52,000 homes. The majority of the project would be in South Fork Township with the remainder in Bear Creek Township. Ordinance O2019 ZN 006
- Public comments.
- Reading of Communications:
- Committee Reports:
Highway/Building/Grounds/Environmental/ Zoning/ Welfare—no meeting
- Approve August claims as presented.
- Approve AFSCME contract for Highway and Courthouse.
- Budget hearings: ESDA, ROE, Senior Citizens, U of I Extension
- Appoint new IMRF Authorized Agent.
- Approve IMRF 2020 rates as phase-in rate or the actuarial contribution rate.
- Renew Public Defender position with a status as a full time position.
- Adopt resolution to participate in CEDS, an economic development strategy program.
- Referrals from any other committee, any other matters that are properly brought before the Committee and/or questions from the public.
- NEW BUSINESS/OTHER: Request approval of Preliminary Engineering agreements for various Township Bridges
- CHAIRMAN’S OFFICE UPDATES:
- Mileage and Per Diem Report:
- Adjourn meeting until Tuesday, September 17, 2019 for the regular meeting
The Christian County Zoning Board of Appeals
Public Hearing will be held on
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
at 6:00 pm
in the County Board Meeting Room, second floor of the
Christian County Courthouse, Taylorville, Illinois.
Dr. A. Douglas Cyrus, 2647 East 200 North Road Pana, IL 62557 petitions a Special Use Permit for a Chiropractic Office in the home in a Commercial-2 District.