Recording Fees for Standard Documents
Effective December 1, 2018
All Standard documents are $78.00. A Standard document is classified as a deed, lease, lease amendment, mortgage, easement, or miscellaneous document as defined in 55 ILCS 5/3-5018.1 (c).
Plat Act Affidavits are required with all Deeds, Contract for Deeds, Agreement for Deed, Divisions and Non-Divisions of land.
All Nonstandard documents are $87.00. A Nonstandard document is described in 55 ILCS 5/3-5018.1 as:
- a document that creates a division of a then active existing tax parcel identification number;
- a document recorded pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code (See schedule);
- a document which is non-conforming, as described in paragraphs (1) through (5) of Section 3-5018;
- a State lien or a Federal lien;
- a document making specific reference to more than 5 tax parcel identification numbers in the county in which it is presented for recording; or
- a document making specific reference to more than 5 other document numbers recorded in the county in which it is presented for recording.
Recording Fee Schedule for Nonstandard Documents
|OIL AND GAS LEASES, ASSIGNMENT OF OIL & GAS LEASES||$78.00|
|ASSIGNMENT OF MORTGAGES||$78.00|
|RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS (filed separately)||$78.00|
|RHSP fees are included. See NOTE at bottom of page for exemptions to RHSP|
|COPIES PER PAGE||$.25|
|DD 214 - VETERAN'S DISCHARGE||NO CHARGE|
CERTIFIED COPIES: $10
**RENTAL HOUSING SUPPORT PROGRAM (RHSP) SURCHARGE OF $10.00 DOES NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF DOCUMENTS:
-PUBLIC UTILITY EASEMENTS
-ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION & RELATED DOCUMENTS
-BIRTH RECORDS, DEATH CERTIFICATES, MARRIAGE RECORDS
-JUDGMENTS, MEMOS OF JUDGMENT ETC.
-NOTICE OF PROBATE
-POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR PROPERTY
-TRANSCRIPT (INVOLVING A WILL, DEATH CERTIFICATE ETC.)
-UCC’S & WILLS
NOTE: This surcharge does not apply to any documents recorded for a state agency, a unit of local government, the federal government, or a school district.
- Fee Schedule – PDF Version
- Plat Act Affidavit (For purpose of Illinois Plat Act Requirements)
- PTAX-203 (Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration)
- PTAX-203A (Non-residential: sale price over $1 million)
- PTAX-203-B (Beneficial interest transfers – do not use for deeds or trust documents)
- PTAX-203-NR (This document is recorded for the purpose of affixing Real Estate Transfer Tax stamps that were purchased for the following transferring document under provisions of Public Act 93-1099)
- Notice of Recording Fee Change and Predictable Fee Schedule Effective December 1, 2018