County Board regular meeting
CHRISTIAN COUNTY BOARD MEETING
Christian County Courthouse
Tuesday, October 20, 2020– 6:30 p.m.
In accordance with EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-07 issued by Governor Pritzker, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation and
Phase 4 does allow us to social distance and to have more people in a room. However, none of the rooms at the courthouse can accommodate the standard with social distancing. This meeting will be in courtroom C. These meetings will continue to be done by free conferencecall.com with available seating reserved for the county board members and requested quests.
Dial-in number (US): (701) 802-5367
Access code: 7943957#
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/christiancounty
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approve minutes from the regular County Board meeting of the
- September 15, 2020 as printed with any corrections or amendments to them.
- 5.Discussion with Chief Judge Kimberly G. Koester of the Fourth Judicial Circuit on the Probation salary scale.
- 6.EDSA Update: Greg Nimmo
- 7.Public Comment
- 8.Present in writing petitions, resolutions/or ordinances, proclamations:
- 9-ZBA-Adopt O2020ZN009 Special Use called the Black Diamond Solar Project: a 299 Megawatt Solar Farm in South Fork Township.
- 10.Reading of Communications:
- 11.Committee Reports:
Highway/Building/Grounds/Environmental/ Zoning/ Welfare—10/13/2020
- Highway business: Soil boring agreement for bridge projects, storage building, other updates.
- Courthouse and jail business: Courthouse boiler, fountain project (Frank Mathon-speaker) and other updates.
- Animal Control/Zoning updates.
- Referred cemetery business.
- Any other matters that properly come before the committee and/or public comments.
- Update for listing the membership of appointed boards on the county website.
- Review of cemeteries owned by the County.
- Continue discussion of job description for Assistant to the County Board/HR with department head input.
- Personnel issues and/or personnel/other county policies/procedures, personnel or labor updates or any other matters or referrals that properly come before the committee and/or executive session for any personnel issue and public comments.
- Approve claims as presented for October.
- Update from Greg Nimmo EMA.
- CTI proposal for additional hours of technical service.
- Budget discussions including Jail Administrator salary increase and non-bargaining salary increases.
- Referred back to finance committee job description for Assistant to the Board/HR.
- Motion to put on file the FY 2021 tentative budget and tax levy.
- Update on new software for payroll, accounts payable and general ledger.
- Adopt resolution to accept a bid to purchase a delinquent tax property in Pana Township: 11-25-22-123-003-00.
- Public comments.
- Referrals from any other committee, any other matters that are properly brought before the Committee.
12.NEW BUSINESS/OLD BUSINESS/OTHER:
- Extend the Emergency Declaration Proclamation.
- Approve the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy 13.Mileage and Per Diem Report:
- 13. Re-Appointments/terms: none requested
- 14. Adjourn meeting until Tuesday, November 17, 2020 for the regular meeting.