MARC Press Conference Fri., Dec. 7
For Immediate Release
Christian County Emergency Management Agency
December 6, 2018
Multi Agency Resource Center (MARC) Press Conference
Mike Crews, Christian County Emergency Management Agency Director has announced that there will be a press conference at the Multi Agency Resource Center at the Taylorville Christian Church which is located at 1124 North Webster Street before the facility opens at 11:00 AM on Friday December 7.
The press conference will be held at 10:00 AM at the facility.
The MARC is a facility that will house various State of Illinois Agencies and Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster Response and Recovery (VOAD).
Some of the state and local agencies offering assistance through the Taylorville MARC include:
- American Baptist Men’s Disaster Relief, C.E.F.S.
- Christian County Outreach Office,
- Christian County Department of Public Health,
- Christian County Emergency Management Agency,
- Christian County Sheriff’s Department,
- Illinois Department of Human Service,
- Illinois Department of Insurance,
- Lincoln Land Area Agency on Aging,
- Lutheran Emergency Response Team,
- Midwest Mission,
- Missions for Taylorville, Salvation Army,
- Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief,
- Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Disaster Services,
- Taylorville Food Pantry, Team Rubicon,
- University of Illinois Cooperative Extension Service
Upon arrival at the MARC, residents will be paired with a Service Ambassador who can help the residents navigate the MARC and ensure their needs are addressed. The American Red Cross will provide client casework, information and referrals.
Residents from adjacent counties that have damage from the tornado may come to the MARC as well.
For further information, please contact Joseph V. Gasparich, Public Information Officer at 217 825 7955