How to obtain a New 911 Address?

If you plan to build a new home or structure in a rural area of Christian County, you will need to contact the 9-1-1 Administrator’s Office via email, phone or in person to obtain an application to start the process of obtaining a new 911 address. Municipalities/Villages may assign their own addresses within their boundaries . If you require an address in a municipal/village boundary, you can contact them directly to start the process. If you plan to build a home or structure outside of municipal/village boundaries, you will be required to have a 9-1-1 address before getting electrical, phone, septic tank or water installation.

As a general rule, the entrance to the structure being addressed must be in place prior to submitting the application, as this determines point of address.

Address Application Questionnaire