Send Message →
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:00pm
101 South Main Street
P.O. Box 199
Taylorville, IL 62568
Welcome to the web page of the Christian County Treasurer. This web page is the source of information for anyone who visits here, if you are a taxpayer, local government or a mortgage company representative.
The collection and distribution of property tax revenue is an important function of the Treasurer’s Office. On average we mail out 25,495 bills and will collect and distribute 40.1 million in tax revenues to 130 local government agencies. This web page will pertain mainly on the tax collection process. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can be of service to you. Thanks for visiting!
Christian County Treasurer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Printing and mailing of tax bills based on data provided by other county and state agencies on assessments, exemptions and tax rates.
- Collection of real estate taxes from the owners of more than 25,495 real estate parcels.
- Distribution of tax funds to approximately 130 governmental agencies that have the jurisdiction to collect taxes. These agencies include townships, villages, cities, school districts, libraries, public health and safety agencies, election authorities and parks.
- Preparation of delinquency tax lists and mailing of notices to the taxpayer(s) on record.
- Obtaining tax-sale judgment orders in court.
- Conducting annual sale of tax liens to seek payment of delinquent taxes.
- Collection and secure maintenance of revenues and other public funds of the County in addition to funds authorized by law to be paid to the Christian County Treasurer.
- Administration of refunds resulting from duplicate payments of the same taxes, overpayments of taxes due, or reductions in assessments after original billing (as authorized by various tax-assessment agencies or the courts).
- Filing of regular reports with the Christian County Board, summarizing the financial status of the Treasurer’s office.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Christian County Treasurer must maintain an investment policy to address:
- Conformance with federal and state laws and local ordinances;
- Diversity of type, maturity and institution to help manage the risk and principal;
- Liquidity of funds to provide sufficient funds to meet obligations as they become due;
- Returns on investments or yields that provide performance measures with return on investments to be secondary to the role of protecting the safety and liquidity features of the policy; and,
- Safety of principal to avoid any risk of loss of public funds.
Under Illinois law, the office of the Christian County Treasurer also maintains special funds, from which the County Board shall authorize payments by voucher, which include:
- Reasonable amounts needed during the accounting period to pay office expenses, postage, freight, express or similar charges.
- Funds to pay necessary travel, dues and other expenses for workshops, educational seminars and organizational meetings established for the purpose of providing in-service training.
- Trust funds for such purposes as may be provided for by law.
- Such other funds as may be authorized by the County Board. The Treasurer shall make accounting monthly to the County Board through the County Clerk of all special funds maintained by her in the discharge of her duties.
INTERNET PAYMENTS ONLY (FEE REQUIRED-SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
- Log on to https://www.govtechtaxpro.com
- Click Parcel Search
- Click Illinois for State
- Click Christian County for Collector
- Enter Parcel Number
- Proceed according to instructions provided
- Correct payment amount only (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express)
- Credit card fee 2.25% with an additional $1.50 transaction fee, E-check (checking or savings) fee $2.00
DATES 2017/2018 TAX YEAR
|Tuesday June 5, 2018||Mail Bills|
|Tuesday July 10, 2018||1st Installment due|
|Wednesday July 11, 2018||1 1/2% on 1st Installment Due|
|Saturday August 11, 2018||3% on 1st installment|
|Monday September 10, 2018||2nd Installment due
Last Day Banks Collect
|Tuesday September 11, 2018||4 1/2 on 1st Installment
1 1/2% on 2nd installment
|Friday September 14, 2018||Friendly Reminders|
|Tuesday September 11, 2018||Tax Buyers Can Pay Subs|
|Thursday September 27, 2018||Last Day to Pay to Avoid Publication, Certified Letters and Certified Costs. Payment must be in office.|
|Monday & Tuesday October 1st and 2nd, 2018||Publication|
|Monday October 1, 2018||Mail Certified Letters. $10.00 Costs
(Certified Letters Only)
|Tuesday October 9, 2018||Last day for Tax Buyers to Register for Tax Sale|
|Friday October 12, 2018||Last Day For Online Payments With Govtech Services, Inc.|
|Thursday October 11, 2018||6% on 1st Installment
3% on 2nd Installment
|Monday October 22, 2018||Judgment|
|Tuesday October 23, 2018||Tax Sale|
RESOURCES AND FORMS