RESIDENTIAL AND FARM ZONING PERMITS
Effective Tuesday, August 2, 2022 through Friday, September 2, 2022, on a temporary basis, residential permits (to include garages) and farm permits ONLY may be obtained at the Christian County Supervisor of Assessment Office located on the 2nd floor of the Christian County Courthouse during the hours of Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note this office will only be providing assistance for the permits noted and will NOT be handling zoning issues, solar, wind or carbon projects.
Monday – Friday
8 AM-4 PM
214 W. Market St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Q: When do I need a Building permit?
A: Any structure requires a building permit.
Example: Homes, out buildings, in ground pools and some fences. Additions to homes or out buildings. Anything that adds new square footage to your existing buildings.
Q: Do I need a permit for a Roof replacement or siding?
A: Not if you are just doing normal maintenance and you are not adding any square footage.
Q: What are the setbacks for building on my property?
A: Reference the link to the Christian County Zoning Ordinance.
Ordinances and Applications
- Articles of Rules and Procedures – Adopted February 25, 2020
- Zoning Ordinance Code – Amended and Revised December 15, 2020
- Zoning Text Amendment Application For Parties In Interest
- Zoning Variance Application
- Ordinance for Solar Energy Facilities – Incorporated into Zoning Code
- Ordinance for Regulating the Siting of Wind Energy Conversion Systems – Incorporated into Zoning Code
- Mobile Home Foundation Ordinance
- Installation and Placement Agreement for Manufactured & Mobile homes
- Certificate of Compliance for Installation of Manufactured or Mobile Home
- Building Permit Application
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Inoperable Cars