Vince Harris

(217) 824-8512

Office/Mailing Address:
300 South Baughman Rd
Taylorville, IL 62568


Q: When do I need a Building permit?
A: Any structure requires a building permit.

Example: Homes, out buildings, in ground pools and some fences. Additions to homes or out buildings. Anything that adds new square footage to your existing buildings.

Q: Do I need a permit for a Roof replacement or siding?
A: Not if you are just doing normal maintenance and you are not adding any square footage.

Q: What are the setbacks for building on my property?
A: Reference the link to the Christian County Zoning Ordinance.



Ordinances and Applications