Send Message →
214 W. Market St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Q: When do I need a Building permit?
A: Any structure requires a building permit.
Example: Homes, out buildings, in ground pools and some fences. Additions to homes or out buildings. Anything that adds new square footage to your existing buildings.
Q: Do I need a permit for a Roof replacement or siding?
A: Not if you are just doing normal maintenance and you are not adding any square footage.
Q: What are the setbacks for building on my property?
A: Reference the link to the Christian County Zoning Ordinance.
Ordinances and Applications
- Ordinance for Solar Energy Facilities
- Ordinance for Regulating the Siting of Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- Zoning Ordinance Code
- Mobile Home Foundation Ordinance
- Installation and Placement Agreement for Manufactured & Mobile homes
- Certificate of Compliance for Installation of Manufactured or Mobile Home
- Building Permit Application
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Inoperable Cars